SUNDAY 12th MAY Penicuik 2pm

Picture Raith Rovers

Ryan scoring the winning goal (above)


On a very hot afternoon the support thought it was a mirage on the park as none other than Nicky Walker returned to the fold after retiring a couple of years back.

Aloe Vera for a cup win was well worth it as the BU fan base and not as big as expected with it being a final.

The game kicked of and it was the blue and white of Musselburgh with the most of the early chances but nothing to really make Andy Murphy make a safe.

Fraser Keast was possibly the first to have a shot on target but it was bread and butter save for Athletic keeper.

Being the home side Musselburgh were having the lions share of the ball but it didn’t come to anything as Hunter and Campbell stood up to the mark soaking anything through the middle.

Then almost half an hour played Ryan Stevenson was on target as the defence couldn’t clear the danger and the BU went in front.

Musselburgh 0 Bo’ness 1

Mussy looked to be shocked by the goal and Fraser Keast almost made it two but his effort came off the post and cleared.

The remained minutes of the half just seemed to disappear as the ref blew his whistle.

Half Time: Musselburgh 0 Bo’ness 1

The second didn’t exactly turn in to the match some were expecting as some good play on both sides looked good but the defences would pick it up and start heading the opposite way.

Next up was a sending of as Michael Gemmell was dismissed by a yellow then a second for what can only be something he said, it might have been another incident as I was busy writing up when it happened and standing fans said he must have said something to the ref as maybe he thought the original foul was on him and not the other way around.

In all the hand bags that seemed to follow Brian Morgan was the next to grace the refs book

Musselburgh tried with the extra man to get in the game as it was only one a difference and were unlucky as the ball wen from end of the box to the other before it was forced over the line but it was short lived as the linesman was standing with his flag up for offside..

Max Christie could see what was happening and sent Nicky Walker on which was an amazing spectacle for the BU fans. As he was supposedly retiring a couple of years back but the noise of a wain the house he had to get out. (Only kidding in case his wife is reading)

From a break out Morgan was through one on one with the keeper but a player came crunching over and managed to clear the ball as Morgan seemed to take a stumble..

The match was entering the final minutes and a corner seen the Mussy keeper coming up to cause a problem but the ball was to near Murphy and he calmly plucked it out the air.

Three minutes were added to the play but after this the whistle went with neither side making the final minutes count it ended and Bo’ness picked up the first silverware of the season and first in senior life.

Full Time: Musselburgh 0 Bo’ness 1

Keast off Nicky Walker on
Stevenson off Marty Wright on



Date Time League Season
May 12, 2019 2:00 pm League Cup 2018/19



Bo’ness United

Andrew Murphy Goalkeeper
Chris Donnelly Midfielder
John MacDonald Defender
Ross Campbell Defender
Stuart Hunter Defender
Michael Gemmell Midfielder
Ryan Stevenson Midfielder
Craig Comrie Midfielder
Brian Morgan Midfielder
Fraser Keast Midfielder
Allan MacKenzie Forward
Marty Wright Forward
Nicky Walker Forward
Alex Marshall Goalkeeper
Yellow Cards
Red Cards