Match Report
Friendly Match
Bo’ness v Pollok
Newtown Park Wednesday 18/07/2018
KO 19:30.

BU Starting 11
Murphy, Syme Hunter, Campbell & Jacobs. Prentice, Gemmell,  Morgan, Gray, Watt, & Keast
Subs : Marshall (keeper signed from Hamilton) McDonald (signed after being realeaed from Raith rovers) Donnelly, Wright & Trialist.

Pollok FC Starting 11
Longmuir, McNeil, Sideserf, Coutts & Gallacher., Niang, Young & Brash, Fraser, Forde &, McWilliams

SUB: Colin Williamson ON // Mark Sideserf OFF (HT)
SUB: Scott Johnson ON // Jordan Longmuir OFF (76’)

As the evening sun broke through the clouds it was also a bright start for the home side as they pressed forward in the opening spell of the match. A good save shortly followed by a great cross and a header on goal that came off the top of the bar was the early chances created.
A blow for the home side saw Nicky Prentice limp off and into the dug out with the BU physio and Marty Wright came on to take his place.
The visitors did get forward but only managed to create a corner that came to nothing.
Another chance soon came for the home side as Gray stood over a free kick outside the box only to see it come off the defensive wall of Pollok players. The visitors had a spell where they tried to get into the game but there was no real threat towards Andy Murphy in the BU goal.
The final chance of the half came for the Home side with a free kick on the edge of the box, in went the shot and it was a good save from Pollok keeper Longmuir as the ball was heading into the net had he not stopped it so well.
Half time BU 0 – 0 Pollok.

Into the 2nd half and BU manager Kerrigan made changes in goal as Alex Marshall (just signed from Hamilton) replaced Murphy and in defence as McDonald (just signed after release from Raith Rovers) replaced Stuart Hunter. The home side had the first chance of the half with good play down the right creating a corner. It was swung in but just too deep for anyone to get on the end of it.
The visitors then broke forward well and Marshall spread himself well to save from a cross with the loose ball collected and cleared by the BU defence. Another sub for the Home side brought a cheer from the sidelines as long term absentee through unfortunate injury Chris Donnelly (aka Dougie) came on replacing Gray. The home side got forward again and as the cross came in shouts for handball were waved away by the referee.
The visitors then took the lead as they broke forward quickly and a well taken finish beat Marshall in the BU goal to make it BU 0 – 1 Pollok. It was almost two as the visitors got forward quickly again this time the cross in was well defended.
The home side were soon threatening again Wright done superbly well out wide turning his man inside out twice before playing a neat ball low across the box to pick out Keast, The first touch let the ball get away from him a bit but he managed to knock it wide and a good shot stung the gloves of the visiting keeper. Another sub was made for the home side as Watt went off to be replaced by a Trialist with now ten mins of the match remaining. In typical friendly fashion the game saw it way out with very little more action and right on the 90 minutes the referee blew for full time.
BU 0 – 1 Pollok.

Match Highlights courtesy of Mark Donnelly


Date Time League Season
July 18, 2018 7:30 pm Friendly 2018/19


Yellow Cards
Red Cards