Bo’ness started the game positive and looked to create chances, the best coming when Scott Sally done well to beat his man and play the ball out wide to Fraser Keast who was then harshly brought down by the visiting defence and a free kick awarded.
Soon after the BU were once again on the attack and a shout came for a penalty when Scott went over in the box was waved away. Then the first goal came a break down the right from the visitors and a decent ball in was finished off from close range. BU 0 – 1 Penicuik.
The home side had most of the possession, however the next goal came for the visitors, Hassan Nyang done well defending down by the corner flag wining the ball however the clearance came off a Penicuik player and back off him for a corner. The ball was swung into the box and headed goal wards into the net. BU 0 – 2 Penicuik.
The visitors had another good chance with a through ball but Andy Murphy was alert and rushed out to quickly smother the ball. Still with most of the possession BU finally got the ball in the box however the shot on goal was scuffed and no where near. Then another chance came and went with a great ball in but the shot this time was straight at the visiting keeper bringing more frustration for the home side. Finally the possession paid off with Chris Donnelly doing well on the far left cutting inside and producing an excellent cross, Sally was there to meet it and flicked the ball with outside of his boot into the net. BU 1 – 2 Penicuik. This threw a lifeline to the BU with only minutes to go till half time however it faded fast as Penicuik sent a long ball forward. It should have been a simple boot the ball away clearance but rather than that a big mistake was made and the ball was laid on a plate for the advancing visiting player, Murphy in the BU goal tried to save the situation rushing out but the ball was lifted over him and bounced into the net. BU 1 – 3 Penicuik. That was to be the last action of the 1st half and it finished
HT BU 1 – 3 Penicuik.

Into the second half and the home side again had a lot of the ball but the visitors still carries danger when they got forward. Hassan Nyang was again on good form when he tackled and cleared to deny a goal scoring opportunity. And the home side had a chance shortly after with a good ball in the box and a shot well saved.
A double sub for the BU saw Devon Jacobs & Scott Sally replaced by Alan Comrie & Jack Wilson. The BU got a free kick to the right of the box but it was swung in and missed everyone to go out for a goal kick. Fraser Keast then done well to get on a ball down the left and done all he could winning a throw in. Will Snowdon was there to take looking for movement to receive the ball but there was none, however he picked out a pass and a snap shot from the edge of the box went wide. The next two chances came for the visitors with Murphy having to be alert and off his line to help clear and shortly after Nyang again was on hand to tackle and clear. The final sub came when Connor Mcgregor was replaced by Michael Gemmell. Snowdon then had a shot from the edge of the box that didn’t trouble the visiting keeper. BU were soon pressing forward again with a Gemmell throw in short to Wilson who lost the ball but it was quickly won back and played forward finishing in a corner. A good ball from that into box had BU players queuing up to get on the end of it as the visitors booted the ball clear.
Shortly after another good ball into the box was again well defended followed by yet another this time booted way up the park by the visiting defence. A free kick from the home side was then swung into the box this time met with a header which unfortunately sailed over the bar causing no danger.
Into the final few minutes and a corner for Bo’ness was again very well deliver and taken by Wilson in the box who turned brilliantly to create a shooting opportunity but the shot sailed over the bar. The visitors got a break up the park and crossed the ball, Nyang was on hand to head clear. Another free kick for the BU this time further out was floated towards the box but headed clear. A free kick was awarded to the visitors on the edge of the box in the centre of goal, a shot was struck but went well over the bar. That was to be the last action of the game.
Full time BU 1 – 3 Penicuik.


Date Time League Season
August 16, 2017 6:45 pm East Region Super League 2017/18



Penicuik Athletic

Calum Scott Midfielder
Jack Wilson Forward
Alex Marshall Goalkeeper
Yellow Cards
Red Cards