As the game got underway the visitors looked the far better side keeping the ball, passing it well and creating chances leading to shots on goal and corners.
The home side had very little influence other than a couple of breaks forward the came to nothing. Then the breakthrough came as the visitors won a corner. In came the cross and there to meet it was Stuart Hunter who just came out of retirement to help the BU’s and he made no mistake with the ball flying goal bound.
The Visiting BU continued to push forward and a couple of decent chances came and went with good balls being played into the box. Also the visiting support was buoyed by the display so far having seen poor performances recently this one was certainly giving people a lift as they shouted the team forward and were full of praise.
Another great cross in the box was well taken by the home keeper who tried to push his own side forward.
The visiting keeper was called into action with a fairly routine save from a simple cross but other than that within the first half hour the visitors were most definitely on top of the game chances and possession wise. Into the final ten minutes of the first period and the host side were coming into the game slightly more as they had a good cross well defended for a corner. The ball was only cleared for another corner this time from the other side.
Again a good cross this time called the visiting keeper into action.
Half time a deserved lead for the visitors
HT Lochee United 0 Bo’ness United 1

Into the second half and it was the visitors immediately on the front foot with a good cross in almost found Ryan Miller but was deflected away for a corner. The danger at only 0ne up was still there however for the visitors as Hunter had to boot clear a decent ball through the centre for the home side.
Both teams were soon playing with ten men as a clash of heads saw Gillespie for the BU head for the dugout with the physio along with a Home player as well.
The home side were quickly back up to eleven as they brought on a sub soon followed by the BU who brought on Fraser Keast.
The visitors had some defending to do as Hunter cleared well followed by Will Snowdon who played a decent long ball towards Miller but the home keeper was quick to react and clear the danger.
A second sub for the visitors saw Marty Wright who was just back from injury go off replaced by Jack Wilson.
Controversy then filled the ground with a fair challenge made by Hunter causing the referee to point to the spot for a penalty to the Home side. His challenge was arguable whether it was in or out the box to begin with and the question also raised whether it was a penalty or not. Personal opinion says not. The penalty however was converted for 1-1.
BU manager Allan McGonigal clearly agreed  with the visiting support and after a consultation between the linesman and the referee he was given his marching orders and had to stand in the crowd for the remainder of the game.
It almost got worse for the BU as Alex Marshall pulled of a brilliant save to keep the score to 1-1. In a very spirited performance and being the much better side it paid off as the visitors soon got on the attack again and should have took the lead as the Home keeper somehow kept the ball out.
It was 2-1 however a Miller converted a good move to send the visitors into the lead with 10 minutes to play.
It was soon plain sailing for the visitors and a deserved 3-1 lead Miller again finding the net.
Overall probably the best performance of the season so far from the BU and a much needed
FT Lochee United 1 Bo’ness United 3

Bo’ness United

1Alex Marshall
2Connor Gillespie 12
3Stuart Hunter
4Ross Campbell
5Will Snowdon
6Calum Scott
7Andy Shirra
8Michael Gemmell
9Devon Jacobs
10Ryan Miller
11Marty Wright 14
12Fraser Keast 2
14Jack Wilson 11


October 14, 20172:30 pmEast Region Super League2017/18